Going Into Business Workshop
A three hour workshop covering in depth the following important topics on starting up a new business:
- Why do you want to go into business?
- General information on small businesses: successes/failures
- How to organize and why: Sole Proprietor, Subchaper S Corp, Limited Liability Company.
- What’s an EIN and a Fictitious Name?
- Costs to organize
- Zoning and licenses
- Insurance: General Liability, Automobile, Workers Compensation
- Sources of funds.
- SBA Guaranteed loans
- Typical accounting statements used by businesses
- Marketing plan
- Strengths and weaknesses
- Advertising and promotion.
- Business plan basics
All SCORE workshops are co-taught by two or three seasoned business executives who have had senior corporate experience or who have owned successful small businesses, or both. Learn from knowledgeable individuals with actual long term successful business experience.