National Small Business Week: May 5-11, 2019
MAY 5-11 IS NATIONAL SMALL BUSINESS WEEKThe South Tampa Chamber of Commerce supports small business and there's no better time to do that than National Small Business Week, May 5-11th! Every year since 1963, the U. S. President has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week, which recognizes the critical contributions of America's entrepreneurs and small business owners.
SMALL BUSINESS WEEK EVENTS
Monday, May 6th @ 10:30am: SBA Facebook Live - Social Media Tips for Your Small Business Workshop
Monday, May 6th @ 12:45pm: SBA Facebook Live - Small Business Awards
Tuesday May 7th & Wednesday, May 8th: National Small Business Week 2-Day Virtual Conference
Tuesday, May 7th @ 8:30am: SBDC at Hillsborough County presents Innovation and Technology - Finding Your Business Opportunity
Tuesday, May 7th @ 11:30am: Florida SBDC at University of South Florida presents 2019 Business Awards Celebration Luncheon
Wednesday, May 8th @ 11:00am: Chamber 101 with the South Tampa Chamber
Thursday, May 9th @ 8:00am: Good Morning South Tampa - Networking with the South Tampa Chamber
Thursday, May 9th @ 10:00am: SBDC at Hillsborough County presents Social Media Basics
Friday, May 10th @ 10:00am: SBDC at Hillsborough County presents Ask An Expert
Friday, May 10th @ 12:00pm: Twitter Live Chat with the SBA
Saturday, May 11th @ 9:00am: SCORE presents Going Into Business Workshop
SMALL BUSINESS SELFIEAs a part of National Small Business Week, the Chamber encourages you to post a "Small Business Selfie" directly to the South Tampa Chamber Facebook page of you shopping, or doing business with, a local small business. Everyone who submits a photo will be entered to win a prize at the end of National Small Business Week! Don't forget to add #RememberAMember and #NSBW2019
JOIN THE CHAMBER
Join the South Tampa Chamber May 5-11 and we will waive the application fee! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details!
SMALL BUSINESS FACTS
- There are nearly 28 million small businesses in the U.S. Of those 28 million, a full 22 million consist of one lone employee.
- Over 50% of the 120 million Americans in the workforce work in a small business.
- The fastest growing sectors in the world of small businesses include auto repair shops, dry cleaners, and beauty salons.
- Since 1990, large companies have eliminated 4 million jobs, but small businesses have added 8 million new ones!
- 49% small businesses have been created since 1982.
- Small businesses inspire innovative ideas twice as much as big businesses, and tend to produce environmentally-friendly products.
- In 2011, the total revenue from all American small businesses reached $989.6 BILLION.
- According to a Forbes study, 12.5% of small businesses are made up of immigrants from other countries.
- In 2013, 52% of companies found new customers on Facebook.
- Approximately 543,000 new businesses are started each month.