Understanding and Negotiating Construction Contracts Workshop
A four-hour intense workshop examining typical risky commercial terms and conditions found in construction and construction related contracts.
- Scope of Work – Thorough and detailed, major cause of claims and disputes.
- Schedule – Time is of the essence?
- Terms of Payment – Positive only. Paid When/If Paid
- Letters of Intent – How best to draft
- Indemnities – High risk. How to defuse. Anti-Indemnity legislation.
- Insurance – Complex. How to understand. Additional insured status -Danger!!
- Changes – How to draft/revise to be acceptable.
- Dispute Resolution – How to draft/revise to be acceptable.
- Damages – Actual, Liquidated and Consequential
- Warranty – What’s covered. What’s not. Implied/inferred warranties are risky.
- Waivers of Liens – Only for mechanic’s and materialmen’s liens, nothing else.
- Negotiation – How to be a good, effective negotiator for terms and conditions.
Learn how to review and understand the consequences of accepting risky commercial terms and conditions in you contracts. Learn how to revise them to defuse the risk.
PROTECT THE HARD-EARNED ASSETS OF YOUR COMPANY THROUGH GOOD COMMERCIAL CONTRACTING!
This course is taught by Mr. Kit Werremeyer, Chairman, SCORE Chapter 203, Tampa, Florida. 40 years’ experience negotiating construction contracts in the US and internationally. His resume’ is attached (link to resume).
Remember this: “There is no price for bad terms