Title: Event Manager
Reports to: President & CEO
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Cover letter should outline the top 3 reasons why you believe you are uniquely qualified for the position.
*Due to the volume of applicants, no phone calls or office visits please
*Applicants who do not submit all materials as directed will not be considered
Responsible for planning and executing Chamber events including monthly networking events, membership luncheons, internal meetings and annual signature events.
- Serve as the main staff contact for monthly events including Networking Socials, Membership Luncheons, and Annual Signature Events including Breakfast with the Mayor, Business of the Year Awards, Taste of South Tampa, New Teacher Breakfast, Business Expo, Golf Tournament and Holiday Party
- Manage Chamber programs and attend events as needed, some of which are outside of normal working hours (may include early mornings, nights and some weekends)
- Responsible for all aspects of event logistics including: securing venue and speakers, menu selection, volunteer coordination, set up/breakdown of events, management of registration and other duties
- Meet with chamber and community members to secure sponsorships for events
- Create new events and programs to generate new revenue for the Chamber.
- Assist President & CEO in preparation of event budgets, work to exceed revenue goals, and remain with-in budget for event expenses
- Manage and serve as staff liaison for Member Event Committees
- Prepare a written report of events each month for Chamber board meetings
- Supervise interns and administrative staff as appropriate
- Responsible for communication with Chamber members that contact the office via phone, personal visit or website, and assisting the member with their needs
- Maintains files, assists in answering phones, and greets walk-in customers as needed for efficient functioning of office and good customer service
- Supports other staff members as needed
- Works with all Chamber staff members and volunteers to promote the Chamber in a positive and professional way
- Other duties as assigned by the President & CEO
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Prior experience in event management required
- Knowledge of the South Tampa community a plus
- Must love people!
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform job functions with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times
- Must be able to work with a flexible schedule including early mornings, nights and weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software
- Hourly, full time, nonexempt, with competitive commission plan