Akerman LLP, a top 100 U.S. law firm serving clients across the Americas, today announced that the firm has once again been recognized by Benchmark Litigation among the best law firms in the United States and among a select group of standout law firms with multi-state litigation capabilities. This recognition is accompanied by “highly recommended” and “recommended” rankings in Florida and Virginia, respectively. Individually, ten Akerman litigators were recognized as “local litigation stars” in appellate, general commercial, real estate, securities, and white collar crime, and three were recognized as “future stars.”
Additionally, Jacksonville Office Managing Partner Christian George
was highlighted for his recognition among the Top Litigators Under 40 list, as well as Partner Katherine Giddings
for recently being named among the Top 250 U.S. Women in Litigation for the sixth consecutive year.
Focused exclusively on the U.S. litigation markets, the rankings and editorials of Benchmark Litigation
are the result of annual independent research that involves extensive interviews with private practice lawyers and in-house counsel. The guide’s “local litigation stars” reflect lawyers who are recommended by peers and clients to have established consistent reputations as trial lawyers.
The Akerman lawyers and the categories in which they are recognized are listed below:
- Michael Chavies, Local Litigation Star for Appellate, General Commercial, and White Collar Crime
- Dana Clayton, Local Litigation Star for Real Estate
- Kristen Fiore, Future Star
- Brian Fraser, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial
- Christian George, Future Star
- Katherine Giddings, Local Litigation Star for Appellate and General Commercial
- William Heller, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial and Securities
- Stephen Hurlbut, Local Litigation Star for Construction and General Commercial
- Michael Marsh, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial and Securities
- Michael Mena, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial, Real Estate, and Securities
- Brian Miller, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial and Securities
- James Miller, Local Litigation for General Commercial
- Lawrence Rochefort, Local Litigation Star for General Commercial
- Ryan Roman, Future Star
Akerman LLP is a top 100 U.S. law firm recognized by Financial Times
as among the most forward thinking firms in the industry. Its more than 650 lawyers and business professionals collaborate with the world’s most successful enterprises and entrepreneurs to navigate change, seize opportunities, and overcome barriers to innovation and growth. Akerman is known for its results in middle market M&A and complex disputes, and for helping clients achieve their most important business objectives in the financial services, real estate, and other dynamic sectors across the United States and Latin America.
Akerman’s Litigation Practice Group has vast experience in a wide range of civil and criminal litigation, including class action defense, securities and corporate litigation, banking, white collar crime and government investigations, insurance, and real estate. The team is ranked tier one nationally by U.S. News – Best Lawyers
in several categories including Commercial Litigation and Appellate.
More information can be found at akerman.com or twitter.com/akerman_law.
# # #