Career Services Representative
Do you have a passion for helping students achieve? Providing coaching and guidance to see students through their academic lifespan into career placement? Building relationships with employers to secure immediate, quality externships and in-field placements? At Altierus Career College, a division of ECMC Group, the Career Services Representative role is an opportunity to bring your professional development expertise, sales skills, and passion for education to support the next generations of students starting their careers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop relationships with students within assigned portfolio, ensuring employment readiness that achieve satisfactory conversion in interview-to-show and interview-to-hire rates of graduates through resume writing, mock interviewing, job search techniques, and similar .
- Identify and develop new employer relationships, resulting in immediate and future externships and job opportunities that will meet the needs of our students, externs, and graduates in a timely manner
- Identify sources for job leads and employer relationships, securing referrals from existing employer partners, spending time prospecting, making cold calls, and managing accounts through sales calls and meetings
- Maintain and expand on-going employer relationships by conducting various touch points, including phone calls, emails, and site visits.
- Manage job order needs from employer partners and present qualified candidates to the employer
- Organize and participate in efforts to bring employers on campus for career fairs, PAC meetings, and open house events - ensuring strong student participation
- Maintain continual contact with students and graduates in order to have thorough and current knowledge of student status through all available resources. Partner with Faculty to identify potential graduation and employment issues in order to proactively provide coaching and remediation.
- Verify employment records of graduates through phone calls and gathering required documentation which meets all federal, state, regulatory agency, and company guidelines
- Demonstrate clear understanding of programmatic curriculum, requirements, related job activities, quality placements and job leads
- Effectively manage pipeline of activities that lead to graduate employment, accurately tracking activities in appropriate database(s) in a timely manner
- Demonstrate complete working knowledge of compliance with federal, state, accreditation, company, and any other regulatory agency policies. Interact with HIPAA designated information, such as protected health information (PHI) and electronic PHI, exercising confidentiality and HIPAA regulations adherence. Possess a working knowledge of Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules, and the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical health (HITECH) Act
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- Experience identifying job opportunities, writing/revising resumes, and developing formal job applications
- 3+ years customer service, sales or recruiting experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), computer, and Windows PC applications
- Bachelor's degree
- Prior experience working in a career advising or employer engagement capacity