Housekeeper (Part Time)
**Part-time Needed for Weekends**
This individual is responsible for the cleaning and preparation of room/suites for the guests, while maintaining standards of consistency. This is what gives hotels the ‘wow’ factor. It’s the moment that guests walk into the hotel and are impressed, then enter their bedrooms and think “Wow, this looks wonderful.” Freshly laundered linen, fluffy towels and a welcoming atmosphere, it’s all about creating a big impression and exceeding expectations.
- Clean assigned rooms/suites according to standards. This includes but is not limited to making beds, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, dishes, kitchen equipment, stairs, and closets, balconies, vacuuming, dusting and arranging furniture within the specified time allotted
- Place and restock useable items in the rooms/suites including paper items, soap and towels.
- Clean exterior entry areas and hallways
- Maintain and restock housekeeping cart each day
- Responsible for the proper administration of key control for issued keys, and keys left by guests in rooms/suites/villas
- Bring all lost and found items to the Executive Housekeeper’s office for logging and storage.
- Notify executive Housekeeper immediately of any out-of-the-ordinary situation arises in the guestrooms/suites/villas
- Take laundry and dry-cleaning orders from guests
- Accommodate guests’ special requests
- Ensure confidentiality and security of the room/suite/villa
- Keep linen closets and supply areas organized and tidy
- Report any maintenance needs, handle guests requests and/or complaints
- Upholds all safety standards of hotel
- Move furniture within room, as required, for cleaning
- Perform deep cleaning, as assigned
- Respond to guest requests, as needed
- Any and all duties assigned by management
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prefer minimum of six months experience working in related field (hospitality preferred)
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to pass pre-employment testing (i.e. drug test, background check, etc)
- Must have full availability and be able to work days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, write and speak English (multi-lingual a plus)
- Ability to understand, follow and give written and oral instructions
- Ability to deal with stressful conflicts involving groups of people, individuals, and co-workers
- Ability to work with large groups of people, and age groups
- Ability to work harmoniously with fellow employees and guests
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation
- Speak with others using clear and professional language
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others
- Attention to detail: working carefully within the minimum time
- Organization and thoroughness: preparing bedrooms in the minimum length of time whilst respecting internal hotel procedures
- Discretion: not disturbing guests
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors including intense or inclement weather conditions
- Abilities (<6 hours per day) reach, bend, twist, pull, push, grasp, walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, running, sitting, climbing, reaching overhead and bending
- Ability to frequently (<6 hours per day) lift up to 50 pounds of weight to chest height
- Ability to frequently immerses hands in water and water diluted with chemical solutions
Established in 2011, Carter Hospitality Group, LLC. is a family-owned hospitality company with 5 hotels and resorts as well as 3 wineries across the United States. Based in Orange County, California, the company manages and owns a portfolio of luxury properties including South Coast Winery Resort & Spa, Temecula, California; Carter Estate Winery and Resort, Temecula California; Harborside Suites at Little Harbor, Ruskin, Florida; and Carter Creek Winery Resort & Spa, Hill Country, Texas. Carter Hospitality Group also serves as the owner-franchisee for Red Lion Hotel Orlando Lake Buena Vista South, Orlando Florida. The company also owns the South Coast Winery in Temecula California, Carter Estate Winery in Temecula California and the Carter Creek Winery in Hill Country, Texas. For more information visit www.CarterHospitality.com
Creating memorable experiences at every unique destination.
A family-owned company whose incredible team members share their passion in hospitality every day. The needs of our guests and team members are in the forefront of everything we do as we create unique, memorable experiences and lasting connections.
Experiences you can remember, a promise you can trust.