Information Technology Technician
About the job
The IT Technician’s role is to ensure system operation and functionality so that end users can accomplish business tasks. The objective of the IT Technician will be to respond to support requests in a timely manner, be the initial reference point for all IT support-related tickets, and ensure the satisfaction of the end-user, among other technical duties.
IT Technicians are expected to display good interpersonal skills as they will interact with colleagues from various departments, executive levels, and customers daily. The IT Technician will possess the ability to problem solve at a high level, extraordinary customer service skills, strong multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
The IT Technician works jointly with the sales team to provide pre-sales and post-sales support, including tasks such as discovery meetings, site surveys, proposals, and presentations on technical assessments, implementations, and ongoing technical account management. The selected candidate will be results-oriented, self-motivated, energetic, professional, reliable and a team player
IT Technician Responsibilities:
- Provide support of incoming requests to the service desk via telephone, web portal, email to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end-user issues.
- Provisioning and system setup for new hires.
- Prioritize incidents and service requests according to defined processes to meet defined SLAs.
- Use remote tools and diagnostic utilities to aid in resolving support requests.
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level when remote tools are not appropriate, including hardware repairs, delivery of peripherals, or other fixes as determined.
- Installing and configuring hardware and software components throughout various network infrastructure devices.
- Install antivirus software and ensure virus definitions are up to date.
- Server administration via Active Directory, File & Print services, DNS, DHCP.
- Network firewall and switch administration and maintenance.
- Perform preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
- Establishing good relationships with all departments and colleagues.
- Ensuring company safety and security standards are met.
- Some network and server solution design and architecture.
IT Technician Requirements:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of Computer Science and/or 5 years equivalent work experience.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with desktop and server operating systems including Windows 7, Windows 10, Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016, and Mac OS.
- Experience writing proposals for technical solutions to fulfill business needs.
- Strong understanding of technology and business productivity systems.
- Active Directory knowledge and experience.
- Experience with UTM firewalls is a plus.
- Kaseya RMM and Autotask PSA Experience a plus
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work under moderate supervision.
- Sales Engineering experience a plus.
- Microsoft Server certification preferred.
- Microsoft Desktop operating systems certification preferred.
- Valid Driver License and ability to drive to customer locations when required.
- CompTIA Net+ and/or CompTIA Security+ certifications preferred.