Bilingual Volunteer Coordinator
Full Time, Non Exempt, Hourly
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the route coverage of all daily deliveries, special deliveries or events for the Meals On Wheels of Tampa mission.
Position Skills & Qualifications:
Bilingual (English and Spanish required)
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct responsibility for procuring volunteer route coverage for weekly routes, utilize and schedule staff drivers as needed
- Ensure volunteers are staffed to support the various areas of operations, to include Homebound Meal delivery, Produce On Wheels and other special events
- Work with site checkers, staff drivers and volunteers to ensure all routes are picked up for delivery
- Communicate procedural changes and./or delivery expectations to volunteers
- Responsible for recognizing birthdays, life events and/or retirement of volunteers
- Work with Volunteer Manager to set up and conduct volunteer orientations, group days of service, transition of AAR partners, and other volunteer events or projects
- Process new and potential volunteer applications, background checks, ride a longs and new volunteer related communication
- Field recipient phone calls regarding daily meal delivery, change in service type or dates, billing issues and any other questions, comments or concerns.
- Fields volunteer phone calls regarding daily meal delivery, not homes, volunteer hub access, scheduling and service hours.
- Relay recipient and volunteer concerns to the appropriate senior staff
- Work with recipient coordinator to facilitate extra deliveries (i.e. cards, Girl Scout cookies, etc.)
- Participate in monthly POW! event; minimum 4 per year
- Work with Volunteer Manager to help plan volunteer appreciation days and annual luncheon
- Be cross-trained in other duties involving routing and meal delivery
- Be cross-trained in clerical responsibilities including answering phones.
- Be a positive team member for MOW and actively participate in all MOW functions
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.