Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) who is energized by the mission of Dawning Family Services to help the homeless families in need in the Tampa area during their most vulnerable time. The CEO will serve as an advocate and advisor to our community, our clients, our employees, our funders and the Board of Directors. The CEO will lead the day-to-day operations of the organization to include working with staff to develop and maintain effective business objectives while driving fundraising, strategic planning, business development, and fiscal operations.
To perform this job successfully, the CEO must have a Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or Business Administration, along with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a senior management position preferably in a non-profit organization, field of philanthropy, human services, fundraising development, not-for-profit management, governance, and community relations.
• The ideal candidate needs to develop a shared vision for the future of the organization, promote the mission, and develop appropriate goals and initiatives to advance the mission.
• Manage and oversee all operations and business activities to ensure desired results are consistent with the overall vision and mission to include legal compliance, governance and board relations, financial management and community relations.
• Communicate on behalf of the organization with donors, government entities, and the public.
• Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring alignment with short-term and long-term objectives.
• Ensure the organization maintains high social responsibility wherever it does business.
• Assess risks for the organization ensuring monitors are in place and risks are minimized.
• Set strategic goals and make sure they are measurable and describable.
• Maintain awareness of the external landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
• Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement and develop a high performing managerial team.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
If this interests you, send cover letter and resume to Employment@DawningFS.org.
No phone calls please.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills requested of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. The organization is an equal opportunity employer.