Dear Valued Members,
First and foremost we hope this email finds you well and healthy, with physical distancing in a place where you have access to the essentials you need. Here at the South Tampa Chamber, we understand that there can be a lot of anxiety surrounding these unprecedented times. While each business is unique, we all share concerns about the well being of our families, friends, employees, community, and world.
Over the past several weeks your Chamber has diverted our attention to these main priorities:
- Advocacy: We have been communicating regularly with our policy-makers at all levels of government as a voice and advocate for local businesses. We are also in close communication with our partners at the Florida Chamber and US Chamber to capitalize on the power of their expertise and significant platform.
- The timely sharing of information: Our COVID-19 resources page on our website is being updated several times daily. We are also sharing information on our Facebook page as it is received.
- Promoting our members as #OpenForBusiness: Although we may be doing business differently these days, South Tampa is still open for business! The Chamber offers several mechanisms for our members to share your news and current offerings with fellow members and the community.
- Virtual opportunities to connect and educate our members: We are excited to introduce new virtual programming! While we may not be able to meet face to face, we still want to provide valuable connection, collaboration and educational opportunities for our members.
- Recovery & Rebuilding: We are collaborating with local partners to seek resources for providing aid, creating a foundation for recovery, and planning for the rebuilding phase that is to come.
Last week, the chamber staff began the process of calling every member in the hopes of connecting, gathering information, and sharing resources. As a small employer ourselves, we’re keenly aware of how extraordinarily difficult this pandemic is for our local businesses. Our entire Chamber team has been thinking of our members as this crisis has unfolded – thoughts of concern, hoping that you all are well, and gratitude for the incredible foundation, culture, resources, and community we have built together.
We know there we will experience mush uncertainty in the upcoming weeks, but working together has never been more important. And as our community, country, and world emerge into recovery, we will harness the power of our local businesses to lead the way TOGETHER!
Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if we may be of service or be a resource for you.
Kelly Flannery Connie Gage
President & CEO Chair of the Board