June 16th Update: New PPP Guidance | New SBA Funding for Small Business | New Safety Resources
Dear Valued Members,
Whew! This week is off to a busy start! New information continues to become available every day and we will continue to keep you updated with timely, vetted updates as we receive them. Here are a few things you need to know this week...
NEW on the Chamber Website:
Check out the Hillsborough County Scorecard now available and easy to access on the STCOC Website @ https://www.southtampachamber.org/hillsborough-county-scorecard
The Florida Scorecard™ is a dynamic online tool that identifies and tracks key metrics that are important to Florida’s economy today and into the future. The Florida Scorecard gives stakeholders the power to measure progress on a statewide level and within their own communities. Check back often as this information is updated regularly. To view metrics for the State of Florida visit
UPDATE: Guide to PPP Loan Forgiveness
Last evening, the U.S. Chamber published an updated version of the previously shared Guide to PPP Loan Forgiveness. The updates were made to reflect the changes made to the PPP following the passage of the Paycheck Protection Program Flexibility Act—which eases rules around how small businesses can use their loan funds—earlier this month. | Click here to view the U.S. Chamber's updated Guide to PPP Loan Forgiveness.
The U.S. Department of the Treasury and the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) are responsible for updating the application form and instructions for loan forgiveness. You can find the most up-to-date information here.
UPDATE: Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program expanded
The SBA has re-opened the Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program to new small business and non-profit applications. | For more information visit the SBA online. | Apply Here
- Long-term, low-interest working capital loan for businesses and agricultural producers who suffered economic injury from COVID
- The EIDL loan is not forgivable, however as part of your application you may also apply for a loan advance (grant) that you don't need to pay back. Applicants can receive $1,000 per employee up to $10,000. You don't need to pay it back, even if you're denied a loan.
- Proceeds may be used to pay debts, payroll, accounts payable, and other bills that can't be paid due to the disaster's impact
- You can apply for both and EIDL and PPP loan; however the loans can't be used for the same purposes.
- Consultants are available to help through SBDC.
Was your small business affected by Covid-19? Are you looking for small business funding? The SBA will host virtual hours and have your Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) questions answered by a live person. | Click here for more information.
OSHA COVID-19 Outreach Materials
In response to the ongoing Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic, OSHA Region IV is providing outreach, materials and guidance to employers who may have employees at risk for exposure while performing duties in the workplace. | Click here to read more.
COVID-19 Town Hall with Tampa General Hospital
Last week, TGH hosted a Town Hall on Facebook Live, view the recording here. They will host another Town Hall on Zoom “Creating a Safe Workplace” this Thursday, June 18th at 10:30am. Click here to join the meeting | ID: 847 0327 0301 | PW: TP2020
Tampa General Hospital Infection Prevention Advice to Safeguard Businesses
Tampa General Hospital is introducing TGH Prevention Response Outreach, a new consulting service that will offer the hospital’s expertise in infection prevention to organizations in Tampa Bay and beyond who want to safeguard their employees and visitors as they re-open to the public. | Click here for more information.
AdventHealth Safe Business Assistance
AdventHealth Safe Business offerings are now available to businesses so you can provide appropriate safety measures to employees and guests. If you need, we can provide a number of services designed to keep your employees and guests safe. Services range from COVID-19 re-open consultation to virus screening and return to work guidance. Additionally, we have created a robust website of resources that we know can assist you as you get back to business quickly and safely located at AdventHealthFLSafeBusiness.com.
Here are a few links to some additional information and partner events:
- Tomorrow: June Chamber Meeting w/ Speaker Vincent Jackson
- 6/18: Q&A with CareerSource of Tampa Bay
- 6/20: Saint Leo Business Reimagined Webinar Series
- 6/23: STCOC Economic Update with the Florida Chamber
- US Chamber Building an Inclusive Workplace Series
- US Chamber Blueprint Series: Reopening Your Business
- US Chamber Path Forward Series: Navigating the Return to Work
- Business Recovery @ https://www.southtampachamber.org/business-resources-copy
- Open For Business Toolkit @ https://www.southtampachamber.org/open-for-business
- COVID-19 Updates @ https://www.southtampachamber.org/covid-19-resources
- Hurricane Resources @ https://www.southtampachamber.org/hurricane-resources
Kelly Flannery, FCCP | President & CEO
South Tampa Chamber of Commerce