Dear Restaurant Partners,
We hope this Tuesday afternoon email finds you well. We know that information is coming in fast and furious, so we wanted to provide a few resources for our restaurant members all in one place!
South Tampa Restaurant & Dining Guide
In March we launched our Restaurants & Dining Guide to help members & customers stay up to date on local restaurant offerings. Please click here to update your listing with your re-opening date, hours, and details!
City of Tampa Lift Up Local
The City of Tampa has launched the Lift Up Local Economic Recovery Plan, which temporarily allows restaurants and retail businesses to expand their business footprint onto the public rights-of-way or in privately owned parking facilities without meeting certain City code and permit requirements. Read the full plan & announcement here.
Lift Up Local Quick Links
- Indoor capacity limited to 25% of building occupancy, which includes staff personnel.
- All indoor and outdoor seating must be spaced at least six feet apart.
- It is strongly encouraged to test your workforce for COVID-19. Call (813) 272-5900 for free testing. No symptoms necessary, and insurance is not required.
- Use disposable paper menus.
- Provide easily accessible sanitizer for patrons and employees.
- It is strongly encouraged to implement contactless ordering and payment processes.
- All restaurants are encouraged to use a reservation process to prevent capacity issues. Restaurants using Parklets or participating in the ‘Café and Retail’ zones are REQUIRED to use a reservation process to prevent patrons from congregating while waiting for service.
- Facial coverings must be worn by “front of house” staff members who interact with customers.
- Limit contact with dining guests by reducing the number of visits wait staff make to each table.
Additional Resources for Restaurants
Understanding Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan
Last week Governor DeSantis issued Executive Order 20-112 outlining Phase 1 of the Plan for Florida's Recovery, effective Monday, May 4th. Here are some quick links to help you better understand what this means for your business.
Still have questions? Our partners at the Florida Chamber have put together this useful Q&A portal where you can ask questions unique to your business. Click here to access the Florida Chamber's Q&A Resource.
A Guide to Business Recovery
In addition to advocating on behalf of our community at all levels of government and providing accurate, official information as we all navigate the transition to recovery, your Chamber is also focused on developing resources to help local businesses prepare and execute re-opening strategies. To help guide you we have created a Business Recovery Resources Page which will be updated regularly as we receive new information.
If there is anything else we can be doing for you, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at 813-637-0156.
Be well and be safe,
Kelly Flannery, FCCP | President & CEO
South Tampa Chamber of Commerce
South Tampa Chamber Business Recovery Resources
South Tampa Chamber COVID-19 Resources