STCOC MAC Update: November News, Veterans Events, MacDill Commander to Speak at ChamberDear STCOC MAC,
I hope you are well! I am sending out your November Update a bit early as there is A LOT to share as we head into Veterans Small Business Week and Veterans Day week!
First and foremost, Happy Veterans Day (early) and THANK YOU to all who have served!
Save the date for our next STCOC MAC Meeting on Tuesday, November 10th when we will welcome Courtney Bilyeu, Tampa Chapter Director, Blue Star Families Tampa | RSVP HERE FOR ZOOM LINK
The South Tampa Chamber will also be welcoming Col Ben Jonsson, the new commander of MacDill AFB at our first IN PERSON luncheon to take place on November 18th. There is ALSO a virtual option. Make sure you are logged-in for member pricing. | RSVP REQUIRED
The Tampa Bay Chamber and Greater Brandon Chamber are also hosting officials from MacDill this month:
Nov. 2nd-6th is National Veterans Small Business Week and the SBA is hosting several events that may interest many of you. | Click here for details.
- Nov. 3rd: Brandon Chamber to feature Colonel Andrew H. Stephan, Vice Commander, 927th Air Refueling Wing (In-Person) | RSVP Here
- Nov. 5th: Tampa Bay Chamber State of the Base (Virtual) | RSVP Here
CareerSource of Tampa Bay is now hosting a Veterans Networking Group on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month. | Click here for details.
One of MacDill's own 50th ARS boom operators got recognized for his heroic acts overseas! Check out the full story here.
Do you have news to share? Join our STCOC MAC Facebook Group and post for others to see! https://www.facebook.com/groups/STCOCMilitaryAffairs
- Nov. 4th: Grow with Google - Build An Online Presence For Your Veteran-Led Business | Click here for details.
- Nov. 5th: VetsInTech will present the ViT Veterans Day Gala Broadcast present a fun and interactive program to celebrate our service members this Veterans Day! With confirmed cameos including Snoop Dogg, Kevin O'Leary, Mandy Moore and messages from military and tech leaders - it's a do-not-miss event!
- Nov. 5th: Dress for Success Tampa Bay is looking forward to honoring female veterans in our community. This is a modified virtual event. With virtual pampering, grab bag gifts, raffle prizes and a special gift for the Veteran who served the longest. If you are veteran, please contact us at 813-259-1876 OR email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to limited appointments, please register as soon as possible.
- Nov. 7th: 8th Annual Veterans Entrepreneurship Training Symposium (VETS) hosted by HCC | Click here for details.
- Nov. 10th: Paychecks for Patriots Job Fair presented by CareerSource Tampa Bay | If you are a business interested in participating email email@example.com.
- Nov. 16th: Veterans Consortium presented by CareerSource Tampa Bay in partnership with the Dept. Of Veterans Affairs. | Click here for details.
We will send our last MAC Newsletter of the year following our meeting on November 10th, so please send all announcements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 13th.
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Chamber Staff if we can be of service to you and your business in any way!
- Business of the Year Application deadline extended to Nov. 6th! | APPLY HERE
- Keep the Cheer Here (Shop local holiday campaign) | https://www.southtampachamber.org/holiday-cheer
- Nov. 12th: Good Morning South Tampa | RSVP REQUIRED
- Nov. 18th: Chamber Lunch with MacDill AFB | RSVP REQUIRED
- Dec. 16th: Chamber Lunch with Chamber Champions Awards | RSVP REQUIRED