Unemployment Updates, Healthcare, Insurance & New Guidance from the DEOUnemployment Updates, Healthcare, Insurance & New Guidance from the Department of Economic Opportunity:
The Federal Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) program provides unemployment benefits to those that may not otherwise be eligible under Florida’s state Reemployment Assistance program, including independent contractors and individuals who are self-employed. Unemployed Floridians who have not yet completed an application for any benefit can apply at www.FloridaJobs.org/RAApplication and will be considered for all existing programs, including PUA.
Health Coverage Options:https://www.uschamber.com/report/health-coverage-options
- Those who are self-employed, contract employees, or gig workers who applied for the state’s Reemployment Assistance benefits on or before April 4, 2020, should apply at www.FloridaJobs.org and select “File a Claim” to request PUA.
- Individuals who applied for the state’s Reemployment Assistance benefits on or after April 5, 2020, and were deemed ineligible for state reemployment assistance benefits will receive additional application information from the Department. They can also visit www.floridajobs.org/cares-act for more information regarding these programs. Please monitor your accounts and email for additional information from the Department.
- Unemployed Floridians who have not yet applied for any benefit should apply at www.FloridaJobs.org and will be considered for all existing programs, including PUA.
Unemployment Insurance:Important information regarding Florida's Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) process released by FL- DEO on April 28th:1. Press Release: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity Provides Reemployment Assistance Update - April 28http://floridajobs.org/news-center/DEO-Press/2020/04/28/florida-department-of-economic-opportunity-provides-reemployment-assistance-update---april-28
2. PUA Flow Chart:http://floridajobs.org/docs/default-source/reemployment-assistance-center/cares-act/pua-cares-act-need-to-know-flowchart-042720.pdf?sfvrsn=a3b746b0_4
3. PUA Frequently Asked Questions document & How To Apply:http://floridajobs.org/docs/default-source/reemployment-assistance-center/cares-act/applying-for-pua-and-faq-04-26-20.pdf?sfvrsn=84b746b0_2
4. Extended FAQ document:http://www.floridajobs.org/docs/default-source/reemployment-assistance-center/new-individual-faq-includes-cares-act-final.pdf?sfvrsn=5f2547b0_6
5. Constituent Guide with scenarios for eligibility: