The New World of Data Privacy: Key Strategies to Navigate the Pandemic in the Workplace
Join Akerman LLP for an interactive, virtual roundtable discussion where our cross practice team of panelists will discuss the varying degrees of privacy risks that are now a daily part of pandemic work life.
The pandemic brought with it unique parameters and enhanced technology that employers must navigate while also keeping privacy concerns top of mind. Enhanced technology allows employers to track employees, take temperatures, and store personal health information, but with these technological advances comes enhanced risk for all employers.
Our panelists will discuss:
Employment aspects including:
- Benefits and healthcare aspects including:
- HIPAA privacy and security topics for group health plans sponsored by employers across all industries
- Special privacy, security, and safety considerations for employers' on-site medical clinics or outsourced COVID test administrators
- Latest trends in return-to-work policies and procedures
- Retirement plan-related insurance coverage best practices that can limit new cybersecurity and cybercrime exposure
Data privacy and security aspects including:
- Temperature taking of employees upon reentry into the workplace
- COVID-19 mandatory disclosure policy upon positive test or known exposure
- Policy directive to leave work immediately if COVID-19 symptoms appear
- Upon reentry, what to ask, what not to say, what not to share
- Privacy and security considerations with contact tracing apps and other electronic surveillance tools
- Privacy by design, including creating a plan to handle issues impacting privacy and cybersecurity and how best to adapt to the circumstances created by COVID-19
- The importance of cybersecurity and privacy training in the age of increased cyber attacks
South Tampa Chamber members are invited to share events, news and promotions our website as a benefit of membership and does not constitute an endorsement of the Chamber. Please contact the host directly for additional information or with any questions.